Once again we received a cry for help from Pata Ativa. A woman had reported there who was looking for help for a dog that was abandoned by “his” people. After 7 years they just didn’t want him anymore! Pata Ativa assured the woman to help, but when the dog was handed in, it was found that the poor boy had a huge tumor on the upper leg and a smaller one on the anus. Since Pata Ativa did not have the means to have him operated and he could not be referred in this state, we were asked if we could help and we could – with the help of our Facebook community. So we had Faisca thoroughly examined, his blood tested, operated on, castrated, vaccinated and chipped. When Faisca was healthy we found a family for him. Unfortunately, she wanted to give it back after a week. Fortunately, we have a loving foster home in Germany, which Faisca took in without further ado and found him a loving family who gave him the necessary time to get used to the new situation and the many new people.
Faisca was visibly delighted with the newly gained quality of life. Grateful and curious, he followed the helpers everywhere and slept at night on the doormat right in front of the mobile home in the PLACE for STRAYS. Sometimes he was still a little afraid of strangers, then he crouched down and barked. But mostly he quickly realized that he was meant well and thawed more and more.
- 21/12/2020: ears and neck wound check
- 11/11/2020: other antibiotic Treatment in both ears
- 13/10/2020: ear cleaning, prescription of an antibiotic for ear infections
- 06/10/2020: Fever and loss of appetite – treatment at the vet – recovered, ear cleaning
- 18/09/2020: second vaccination, ear cleaning
- 02/09/2020: castration, operation of the tumor, clipping of claws, ear cleaning
- 24/08/2020: Initial examination with blood test, all results negative (leishmaniasis, tick bite fever and heartworms), initial vaccination, chip and registration, ear cleaning