This poor boy is already 7 years old and who knows how long he had to live like this: sick, matted, full of parasites. But that is now over, because an attentive family member turned to PATA ATIVA and they made sure that the dog was taken away from the owner. A lot has changed for the poor boy since then. He was groomed and bathed, examined, treated for tick bite fever and been neutered. And now he has moved in with us at the PLACE for STRAYS. Before he moved in, we went to the vet with him. There he was again thoroughly examined and blood was taken. The tests now showed that he does not suffer from tick bite fever and leishmaniasis, but from heart worms. That had been overlooked so far.
He will not be spared the tedious and not harmless treatment. But there is light at the end of the tunnel! We firmly believe that he will survive everything well, that he will be healthy and that we will then find a loving family for him who will show him what a happy dog life is.
At first, Rocky first had to orientate himself a bit, take a closer look at the other dogs and get to know them. But now he gets along well with them. Rocky is breaking so many hearts in PfS! It is really impossible not to fall in love with him. He loves to walk with the leash and he loves the car. He puts his head outside the window and he watches everything. He does not miss a thing ! The helpers loved him from the first moment on.
- 30/12/2020: teeth cleaning and ear treatment under anestesia
- 21/12/2020: ears and teeth check
- 12/12/2020: spot on
- 25/11/2020: second regular vaccination
- 02/11/2020: blood test for heart worms, result: no more heart worms; Primary vaccination and rabies vaccination
- 25/10/2020: deworming
- 12/10/2020: Diarrhea, administration of medication and special feed
- 29/09/2020: Second and third heart worm injections within 48 hours with a stay at the veterinary clinic
- 31/08/2020: first heart worm injection with 24-hour accommodation in the veterinary clinic because he has to be kept quiet
- 10/08/2020: Initial examination with blood tests (results: leishmaniasis, tick bite fever: negative, heart worms: positive), chip, registration and EU pet passport
- 30/05/2020: castration (before entry in PfS)