A committed animal rights activist succeeded in rescuing Smilla from her misery together with another dog and her 5 puppies from a gypsy camp – by mutual agreement and without blackmailing any dubious consideration. Both Smilla and the other rescued dogs are in a desperate condition. Even the owner has probably realized that there is no longer any business to be done with these poor souls. These words sound very harsh, but unfortunately they are a daily reality here in Portugal. After we had nursed the bitches and puppies and all veterinary treatments had been completed, Smilla was able to move into her own family.
- 20/07/2020: Testergebnis für Zeckenbissfieber: negativ
- 01/06/2020: Second vaccination
- 15/05/2020: Sterilization
- 08/05/2020: leishmaniasis test result: positive
- 06/05/2020: first vaccination, rabies vaccination, microchip, registration, passport and repeat of leishmaniasis test
- 27/04/2020: Second Imizol injection, spot on and deworming
- 13/04/2020: First Imizol injection for tick bite fever
- 02/04/2020: Leishmaniasis test result is unfortunately unclear. Blood values are not quite right, but this can also be related to tick bite fever disease. Therefore, this disease is treated now first and afterwards the test is repeated.
- 30/03/2020: First examination and blood tests: tick bite fever: positive; heart worms: negative; leishmaniasis test is still pending