A committed animal rights activist succeeded in rescuing Emma from her misery in a gypsy camp – by mutual agreement and without blackmailing any dubious consideration. She was also given Emma’s five puppies (Joy, Louis, Mokka, Peanut, Maya) and a slightly older puppy (Cherry). Both Emma and the pups were in a desperate condition. Probably even the owner had realized that there was no more business to be done with these poor souls. These words sound very harsh, but unfortunately they are a daily reality here in Portugal. Once freed from hundreds of ticks, fleas and worms, the initial veterinary examination showed that Emma was one year old and fortunately did not suffer from tick bite fever, heartworms or leishmaniasis. We fostered the dog mothers and puppies and when the time came we found loving families for them all. For Emma too.
- 12/06/2020: treatment of swollen stiches
- 08/06/2020: sterilization
- 07/06/2020: deworming
- 29/05/2020: second vaccination
- 10/05/2020: deworming
- 06/05/2020: first vaccination, rabies vaccination, microchip, registration, passport
- 27/04/2020: deworming, spot on
- 02/04/2020: leishmaniasis test result: negative
- 02/04/2020: Since Emma has had very watery diarrhea for a few days, she is now being treated with Florentero.
- 30/03/2020: First examination and blood tests: tick bite fever and heart worms: negative; leishmaniasis test is still pending