In December MARIA appeared in a residential area with a high level of prowling. A local resident fed her, but was unable to take her in. Following her call for help on Facebook, we looked for the bitch, caught her and took her to the vet. There she was examined and the usual blood tests were carried out. Fortunately, she doesn’t have tick bite fever or heartworms. The results of the leishmaniasis test are not yet available. The study also found that she will give birth to about 5 puppies in about a week. After visiting the vet, we brought MARIE to our PLACE for STRAYS, where a separate enclosure with sufficient food and water, as well as a warm and dry house, had already been prepared for her. Now MARIA is resting and getting used to the new environment. Welcome, sweet MARIA!
Maria is a loving dog, a tender and very caring mother. From the very first moment she entrusted herself to our care without hesitation and integrated into our family life.
As a mom, she fulfills her 24-hour job with great dedication and gives her puppies a lot of calm and serenity – and that with a litter of 10! Hats off to this little dog with the big lion heart.
- 20/04/2020: sterilization and repeat of leishmaniasis test
- 26/03/2020: Second vaccination and Guardian heart worm prevention
- 04/03/2020: First vaccination
- 13/01/2020: Leishmaniasis test result: positive
- 10/01/2020: Initial examination, blood tests (tick bite fever and heart worm: negative) and ultrasound